The home of campus recreation – Club Sports, Intramurals & Fitness
Opened in August 2019, the three-story Bobby Valentine Recreation Center is the home for student recreation on campus, and houses the Club Sports, Intramurals & Fitness Department. The main floor features a multi-purpose sport court, climbing wall, and open space with free weights, machines & functional training. The top floor features dedicated cardio space, 2 workout studios, a juice bar, and a suspended track that overlooks the court and climbing wall. The lower level has an 18-bike spin room, an HD golf simulator, bowling alley, a Club Sports athletic training room, locker rooms and staff offices.
- Monday – Thursday: 6:00 AM – 11:00 PM
- Friday: 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Classes are free and open to all SHU full-time undergraduate students and those students who have purchased a Rec Center membership (memberships are necessary for graduate, ESL, and part-time students). Class sizes are limited, so be sure to sign up online to secure your spot. A Wait List will be provided in the case of no-shows.
The HD Golf Simulator is captivating & realistic. You will feel like you are at some of the best golf courses in the world! Practice your chipping & putting before choosing from over 30 of the best golf courses in the world. Test yourself at 10 different driving ranges before and then step up to a Closest to the Pin contest.
- Monday - Friday: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The 5,000-square-foot bowling center features LED widescreen monitors and 6 lanes for team practices, open recreation, special events and leagues!
- Monday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Friday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Saturday: 12:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Sunday: 1:00 PM - 10:00 PM
The 45-foot climbing structure reaches up through the rooftop so you can enjoy a 360 degree panoramic view of SHU. You can boulder or choose from 3 different climbing sections, each designed for the beginner, intermediate & advanced climbers.
- Monday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Tuesday: 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Wednesday: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Thursday: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM & 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Friday: 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Saturday: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Memberships & Fees
There are no local community memberships or day passes.
- Full-Time and EAE Undergraduate Students: Free with a valid SHU ID
- Graduate Students: $120/year
- Part-Time Students and ESL Students: $120/year